We continue to work hard on behalf of our members to improve the district. The following are active projects under way or being scheduled:
- Freight Cluster Plan Study
- As spring approaches, paving on Rock Mountain Boulevard and other TSCID streets are slated to begin in March.
- Traffic Operational Analysis will assess transportation alternatives for improvements at the Highway 78/Mountain IndustrialBoulevard Interchange to increase traffic flow and safety.
- Improvements to the interchange will consider modifications to the on- and off-ramps to improve traffic safety and provide relief to truck mobility as trucks enter and exit the ramps on the bridge.
- The long-term improvements may consider bridge widening in conjunction with widening of Mountain Industrial Boulevard, including various modifications to the side streets intersecting Mountain Industrial Boulevard near the bridge, so as to improve traffic operations.
- Tucker Summit CID is working to reduce traffic congestion and improve traffic flow at the intersection of Mountain Industrial Boulevard and Hugh Howell Road. Funding from GDOT was approved in July 2016 for turn lane additions and the project scope is currently under review for quotes and design fees with DeKalb County and the City of Tucker.
- The CID will be initiating a kickoff meeting with DeKalb County and City of Tucker Transportation staff and the CID’s consultant Wolverton & Associates to begin to further investigate and analyze the US-78/Mountain Industrial Boulevard interchange to refine the recommendations for interchange modifications that will be sent to GDOT for funding.
- TSCID is currently pursuing permitting needed to light the new gateway sign on North Royal Atlanta at US-29 (internal LED signage lighting).
- The CID has formally requested that MARTA install ten new bus pads throughout TSCID.