We continue to work hard on behalf of our members to improve the district. The following are active projects under way or being scheduled:
- Freight Cluster Plan
- Sidewalk construction was completed on East Ponce de Leon Avenue between McCurdy Drive and North Hairston Road.
- Resurfacing of Flintstone Drive at Granite Drive was completed the first week of June.
- Resurfacing of Fuller Way began on Saturday, June 6.
- TCID was awarded $600,000 from the Georgia Transportation Infrastructure Bank (GTIB) to make safety and operational improvements to the US Highway 78 and Mountain Industrial Boulevard ramps and roadways. The proposed eastbound and westbound ramp safety improvements would include changing the signal phasing to “protected only left turns” while right turns on red would be prohibited. Operational improvements will consist of one additional lane added to each ramp. Improvements are expected to lessen peak hour delays and greatly reduce car accidents.
- Traffic Operational Analysis will assess transportation alternatives for improvements at the Highway 78/Mountain IndustrialBoulevard Interchange to increase traffic flow and safety.
- Improvements to the interchange will consider modifications to the on- and off-ramps to improve traffic safety and provide relief to truck mobility as trucks enter and exit the ramps on the bridge.
- The long-term improvements may consider bridge widening in conjunction with widening of Mountain Industrial Boulevard, including various modifications to the side streets intersecting Mountain Industrial Boulevard near the bridge, so as to improve traffic operations.
- Tucker Summit CID is working to reduce traffic congestion and improve traffic flow at the intersection of Mountain Industrial Boulevard and Hugh Howell Road. Funding from GDOT was approved in July 2016 for turn lane additions and the project scope is currently under review for quotes and design fees with DeKalb County and the City of Tucker.